Saturday, July 17, 2010

homeless no more!

As of yesterday, I will officially not be homeless in England. Though that would save me a fair amount of money, I suppose.

I got an e-mail yesterday from one warden Michael Mowat of Commonwealth House, who does not know how happy he has made me. Commonwealth House is an international house for students, run by St. Aldate's church and located toward the centre (note the English spelling) of town. The application as well as the CH's website stipulates that priority will be given to students from developing countries, students who do not speak much English, etc. Therefore, I applied on a pretty serious long shot, thinking only of how cool it would be to live with all the international students. And then I got accepted! Hurrah!

Now to find Corbin a place to live, which is proving even more difficult.

0 comments: