Monday, January 3, 2011

happy christmas!


Over Christmas, I got to have my own little week-long slice of Peachtree City when my family came to visit. We stayed around Oxford for four days before heading to London for the rest of the week. In Oxford we went to museums and landmarks and colleges and libraries and all the lovely touristy things. We especially had fun at the Pitt-Rivers museum, which is absolutely my favourite museum ever. And, of course, we ate lots of lovely fattening English food like pies and fish & chips and scones.




We did all the touristy stuff in London, too: we rode the London Eye and went to the National Gallery and marvelled at Piccadilly Circus and chased pigeons in Trafalgar square. Check out my sweet arm's-length-photo-taking skills, above. Actually, don't look too closely; Henry's face is really terrifying and I've only just noticed.


We actually managed to cook in my teeny-tiny kitchen for Christmas, a feat with which I am still rather impressed. We played board games and lots of hearts (I won!). They all went home for New Years, which I spent rather quietly in Oxford playing board games and things.


It was nice to have pieces of home with me over Christmas, and now I'm fully stocked on Velveeta Shells & Cheese for the next few weeks, as well. And, of course, we got to spend the whole week torturing one another with the clothespin game (for the unaware, it's quite simple: embarrass your friends and family by placing clothepins upon their persons--like my unwitting father, above). Ah, home. 

The libraries open tomorrow, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. One the one hand, it means a return to days spent in the library, but on the other hand I'm not getting anything done without it. 

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a happy New Year! 

1 comments:

Mom said...

If the whole English Literature deal doesn't work out, I will write you a letter of reference for a position as a tour guide - you were amazing! Thanks for everything!