Friday, October 1, 2010

adventures in accommodation

Oh, the places I've lived in the last week! From a lovely bed-and-breakfast down Abingdon with Corbin, to a cheap but nice hostel down Hythe Bridge, and now in a cold room--but finally one that is all my own--on Little Clarendon. Here's the photo of my hostel: there were only four beds, and it was an all-female dorm. My roommates were all pretty awesome, and I actually had a quite good time.





Here's where I live now: my dorm in Wellington Square. It looks a little sad and lonely--particularly when considering that it has no heat right now--but once I get it set up I'm sure it'll be cozy. There's a little sink with a cute curtain to draw over it, though strangely the curtain doesn't go all the way across the closet even though the rod does. I guess I'll have to get a curtain! I wish I'd made my T-shirt curtain while I had the chance back at home, since now I'd be able to get some use of it.




I was a little concerned about the no heat since I hadn't unlocked the achievement yet of obtaining sheets and a comforter. By the time this began to alarm me, stuff was closing: Argos was closed, M&S didn't turn out to carry bedclothes at all. Fortunately, Primark carries lovely inexpensive (well, relatively so) sheets and duvets and things, so now I'm warm and cozy in my extremely cheaply made bed-dressings. On an equally extremely uncomfortable bed.


Builds character, right?





Bonus picture: fun things! Fun things at the Eagle and Child! From left to right: Chana, Olga, Mark, me, Brian, Sungwoo, and Seungil. Hurrah!

1 comments:

Corbin Parker said...

Sweet digs dear! I will sleep right there ---> (points to floor). It will be nice and cozy.