Saturday, October 16, 2010

matriculam universitatis

Last night we went to formal hall at New College, which is Brian's school (the photo is Mark, Olga, and me). The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was nice--it was so sweet of Brian to invite us! I'm going to look into when Regent's black-tie guest night is (I think this week, but maybe next) and see if the gang wants to come.

In other news, matriculation was today!
That's where we all dress up in our schoolgirl outfits (properly called sub-fusc) and gowns and march down to the exam schools to be formally let into the University. Oh, and along the way random tourists photograph us without our knowledge or consent, so it's kind of like being in a zoo. It was fun, however, and I love the tradition of it all--they've been matriculating for hundreds of years, and if it seems a little dusty and antiquated a tradition, that's because it is. Which is fantastic. Why is Celeste so tall?!


(Many of) the lovely ladies of the MCR, all dressed up in our sub-fusc and gowns!

5 comments:

Corbin Parker said...

Oh! You look so beautiful in your sub-fusc, um, outerwear? Rock on! Also, whatever is on Olga's plate looks pretty delicious.

Robby said...

Wonderful blog! Did you feel like you were in Hogwarts during the ceremony? Cuz I definitely would have!

Corinne said...

I pretty much am at Hogwarts.

Leeanne said...

I miss my Hanner! Also, at the risk of sounding uneducated you look really cute in your uniform :)

Corinne said...

I miss my Reener! Thanks dear (: I like our sub-fusc outfits. They're precious.