Tuesday, October 19, 2010

oh, the glamour

At great pains of memory, I endeavour to present to you my Tuesday of 2nd Week, the 19th of October:


  1. read Jane Austen and listen to the Decemberists.
  2. read Jane Austen and listen to Neutral Milk Hotel.
  3. read Jane Austen and listen to the soundtrack from Cabaret.
  4. read Jane Austen and listen to Owl City; start a crochet project.
  5. read Jane Austen and listen to Belle & Sebastian; keep crocheting.
  6. read Jane Austen and listen to the soundtrack from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog; finish crocheting.
  7. read Jane Austen and listen to the Pipettes.
  8. talk to the illustrious and lovely Ben on Facebook for ten minutes before he goes to work. Realise that this is first human contact of the day...and it's on Facebook.
  9. walk to Tesco. Buy milk, eggs, detergent, peanut butter, shaving razors, two jars of Nutella. You know. Just the necessities.
  10. walk home. Look a little funny trying not to break the eggs while carrying heavy milk and heavier detergent.
  11. read Jane Austen and listen to Neko Case.
  12. read Jane Austen and listen to the soundtrack from Wicked.
  13. realising you haven't eaten anything today, munch on some frozen grapes as a combined breakfast/lunch/early dinner.
  14. write blog post.


I know, I know--the glamour of my life in England is almost unbearable. I wouldn't expect you to understand the subtleties, the nuances.

What will come next? There's no telling, really, but I'll give you a hint: I feel some Yeah Yeah Yeahs coming on.

3 comments:

Robby said...

Tesco! We had those in Ireland! Have you tried the Tiger bread? So good and so cheap!

Corinne said...

I have not had Tiger bread! I have some cheapo day-old whatever brand of bread Tesco had for 60p right now, but I'll find Tiger bread next time...

Robby said...

Tiger bread was one euro in Ireland. I personally also recommend some soup in a mug to go along with it. This is, of course, if you want to eat like a World Racer, which you probably don't.